Having preventative maintenance done on your Air Conditioner will save time, money, and discomfort.
Just like with a car or any other machine around the home, the AC unit needs regular tune-ups to make sure it is working properly. The absolute last thing anyone in Phoenix wants is to have their air conditioning go out during the summer. The asphalt never truly cools down during the hot months, leaving most Phoenicians feeling as if they are being baked in an oven when they step outside.
With temperatures teasing 120* Arizona often is under a heat advisory from May through September. According to the Arizona Department of Health Services every year “nearly 3,000 people visit Arizona emergency rooms because of heat-related illnesses.”
Taking a few precautions now on your AC System will save you time and discomfort in the dead heat of the summer. It is best to contact a professional to do any repairs or maintenance on the unit, however, there are a few things you can do to help stay cool!
Caution – be sure to turn off your unit and/or remove the breaker block by switching it to the off position before attempting the following tips.
1. Filters – Air conditioner filters should be replaced regularly. Every three months is recommended and if you are running your AC constantly, as we do here in Phoenix, the filter may need to be replaced more often.
2. Clear Debris – The AC is most likely located in your backyard. Keeping the area free from debris like dead grass, leaves, or tumbleweeds. Pull weeds and trim back any other foliage.
3. Cleaning the Fins – Use a damp cloth to wipe down and air dry. Be careful not to get any water in the fan motor.
4. Check for leaks – the lines coming out of your AC Unit should not be leaking. Drain lines, refrigerant lines, and exhaust fluids can all damage your home and be dangerous for pets.
5. Call a technician to clean your coils – while this could be done by the homeowner, most people are uncomfortable doing so and/or do not have the proper tools available. Call Tucker Hill Air, Plumbing, and Electrical Today to Schedule Maintenance
When to call Tucker Hill Air, Plumbing, and Electrical?
Don’t sweat this summer. Our team is on standby and ready to help. Trained to make thorough inspections and quality repairs, Tucker Hill Air, Plumbing and Electrical contractors are highly experienced in servicing all makes and models of HVAC systems. If you have any questions, we’re happy to offer recommendations for electric service, HVAC installation, and maintenance — call now!